These delicious Apple Pie Baked Apples are a wonderful whole food and low sugar alternative to everyones favorite fall dessert. With only 3 simple ingredients, this delicious dish is a no brainer!
- 4 large apples
- 1.5 cups Apple Pie Paleonola
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the tops off your apples, making sure you slice them parallel to your cutting board. In other words, the tops will be uneven, but you want to make sure your apples sit upright. Keep the tops.
- Using a small knife or grapefruit spoon, carefully scoop out the core and 3/4th of the inside of the apple to make room for the granola mixture.
- Combine Paleonola and ghee in a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine fully.
- Add the apples to a small baking rimmed baking pan and add the Paleonola mixture evenly to all four apples.
- Replace the tops of the apples on top of the Paleonola mixture and place in the oven for 45 minutes – hour or until apples are soft and granola is browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and then remove the tops of the apples.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like. Leave the tops on or off the apples for serving.