Perfect for fall, this pumpkin soup is nourishing, warm and full of flavor. Our Original Paleonola makes a perfect, crunchy and textured topping for this creamy soup.
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 2 small-medium size pumpkins (or 2 cups pumpkin purree)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
Original Paleonola, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If using fresh pumpkins, slice in half, remove seeds and lightly rub with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Once the oven is hot, place the pumpkins face down on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, prepare the rest of the soup.
- In a large saucepan, add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and heat on medium.
- Once hot, add chopped shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes until almost translucent and then add garlic.
- Cook for another minute and then add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and add pumpkin.
- Remove from heat and carefully add mixture into a high powered blender (or use an immersion blender) to blend the soup and make it creamy.
- Return soup to saucepan and cook on medium low for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Original Paleonola and serve.