Sometimes I feel like Olaf from the cartoon “Frozen”. I love warm hugs and summer! To me, summer is lounging around in tank tops, sun bathing and oversized hats. My kids are the same way, except they prefer summer with popsicles in hand the sprinklers on in the backyard. To them, that’s summer. I can’t say I disagree one bit.
The heat of summer can be brutal if you don’t know how to accessorize properly. We lotion up in sunscreen right around 10am and keep doing so every few hours. Then we grab our favorite sprinkler toys, sunglasses and flip flops. Last, I pop out some homemade popsicles to keep us jumping for joy and give us a little energy boost. If you’re unsure you’ve read this correctly, allow me to clarify. Yes, we eat popsicles at 10am. You would too if they were Creamy Granola Popsicles. I mean. They’re practically breakfast on a stick.
With Paleonola’s Cinnamon Blueberry Grain Free granola mixed with a little maple syrup and your choice of Greek yogurt or almond milk yogurt on top, these babies are perfect any time of the day. Simply follow the directions below, freeze, and voila! The perfect summer treat.
Creamy Granola Popsicles makes 10 popsicles
- 1 cup Cinnamon Blueberry Grain Free Granola
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, or almond milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- Using these popsicles molds, fill the bottoms with about 2 tsp of granola. I
- used a little more in some to get them at even layers.
- Pour in 2 tsp maple syrup or honey, making sure it reaches the bottom. If it doesn't, the granola may become loose and not set with the popsicles completely.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt with the remaining honey or maple syrup.
- Pour into the molds, distributing evenly. Shake the popsicles mold a bit, tapping it against the counter to get the yogurt all the way to the granola.
- Place the cover on and the wooden sticks in.
- Freeze for 2 hours or more until ready to enjoy!
Note: Try sitting the mold in hot water for a few seconds to get the popsicles out smoothly.
Recipe and photo by: www.sweetestlemonade.com