These Crunchy Blueberry Maple Muffins make the perfect breakfast or snack. By using monk fruit as half of the sweetener, we’ve eliminated most of the excess sugars found in traditional muffins. We’ve added our Maple Pancake Paleonola not only to the batter but to the top, giving these muffins a satisfying crunch!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Maple Pancake Paleonola + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with 12 paper or reusable liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, excluding the Paleonola and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients, still excluding the Paleonola and blueberries and whisk until the mixture is fully combined.
- Fold in Paleonola, followed by blueberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners until they are about ¾ full.
- Top each with a little extra Paleonola.
- Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.