A recipe that makes you want to get up in the morning! Enjoy this warm, moist coffee cake that is complimented so well with our Maple Pancake Paleonola.
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- 1 cup Maple Pancake Paleonola
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee or oil of choice for greasing the baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients, minus Paleonola and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients, blend well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and Paleonola.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the bottom of the dish and spread evenly.
- Add half of the Paleonola mixture on top of that.
- Add the second half of the cake mixture on top of the Paleonola and the remaining Paleonola on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and pulled out cleanly.