- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 overripe banana
- 3 tablespoons ghee, butter or coconut oil
- cacao nibs for topping, optional
- 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare pancake batter by combining all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a whisk.
- In a blender, combine wet ingredients aside from the ghee, butter or coconut oil until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Allow mixture to sit while you prepare the compote.
- Prepare the compote by placing all compote ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Cook on medium, stirring frequently until the mixture begins to reduce.
- Once bubbling, turn down to low and continue to stir occasionally while you cook the pancakes.
- Using a cast iron pan or similar, heat pan on medium high heat and then add 1 tablespoon cooking fat.
- Once fat is hot, turn flame down to medium and scoop a few tablespoons of pancake batter onto the pan forming 4 or so pancakes.
- Once the batter begins to bubble on top, after about 2-3 minutes, flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Remove pancakes from the pan, top with compote and cacao nibs (optional) and serve!