Sweet potatoes are having a major moment lately, so why limit them to lunch dinner? High in nutrients and satiating fiber, they're actually the perfect food to start the day with. This Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl is nourishing, easy-to-make, and downright delicious. It makes for a satisfying, grain-free alternative to oatmeal on mornings when you want something on the sweeter side. If you've been having doubts about sweet potatoes for breakfast, this will be the recipe to change your mind!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Paleonola
- 2.5 tablespoons almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons goji berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice sweet potato longways and place face down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Once soft, remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the flesh from the sweet potatoes with a spoon and discard the skins.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet potato, ghee or coconut oil, cinnamon and salt until well mashed.
- Once well combined and mashed, add toppings – almond butter, Paleonola, a bit more cinnamon and goji berries, or whatever toppings you’d like!